ABI Outreach & Respite
ABI Support Services
Staff are trained in Continuing Community Rehabilitation specific to ABI and special effort is made to provide consistent staff and consistent scheduling.
- Services are provided on a visitation basis in the individual home of the consumer.
- Attendants provide assistance in blocks of time that are task specific and centre on personal care (bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.) The service maximum is 21 hours per week.
- The objective is to provide assistance where and when the consumer needs it including work sites and school. As much as possible, consumers are involved in the selection of attendants. We wish to deliver service outside of the medical model with proficiency and flexibility.
- Our goal is to break down barriers that exclude some pesons with disabilities from fully accessing employment, education and the community as a whole.
- Must have an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) diagnosis
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Have a valid Ontario Health Card
- Respite hours may be available
- Respite hours of service vary and overnight coverage is available
- Respite is not considered primary care and assistance is available on a first come, first serve basis subject to budget feasibility.